Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Market







Doesn't matter where we ended up, markets became an easy place to spend time. In the states, there is all this talk of local and organic foods. On this side of the planet, there is no other alternative. Whether spending lots of money in a nice restaurant, or eating at a roadside stall, the only food available is that which is in season.

Suzi and her amazing eye for the beauty and detail of food shows more then can ever be written about some of the amazingly simple sights of the markets we visited.

1 comment:

  1. Market photos are my favorites! that and the people... What an amazing trip you have had.. you don't know me (I am a friend of Kyle's) but if you are coming back to AK, I will look out for you! We can swap stories and you can maybe give me some tips..I am headed to Ladakh in August/ September.. btw.. if you are coming back to AK, you are about to step into the most wonderful spring I have ever seen here! welcome back to the states!!

    ReplyDelete