Friday, February 6, 2009

Yogatastic

As you all probably know I'm across the peninsula from Jared in the Gulf of Thailand, in a posh Yoga school on the island of Samui. I feel completely out of touch with the Thailand I've known for the past month, but not complaining. Hot showers have replaced cold ones, aircon has replaced fans, western toilets have replaced squatting holes, blankets have replaced thin sheets, a pleathora of vegetarian dishes have replaced meat on a stick, and English has replaced Thai. My days are spent doing an hour of breathwork, two-2 1/2 hours of the postures, two hours of brunch buffet, 5 hours of theory, philosophy, anatomy, and asana (postures), another yoga class, herbal steam room, swim in the ocean, dinner, reading, and sleep.

I'm not going to get all hocus pocus on all of you but have been learning a ton. We're staring into candles, making clicking sounds with our tongues, drinking salt water and throwing it up. . . we'll have to speak personally for me to give any more detail. I've gotten into yoga postures I never thought I'd see myself in, and it's only been one week of training.

More to come, and, I know, I know, pictures are coming too.

No comments:

Post a Comment